E-mail MeHon. Martin J. Gottholm
Martin is a partner at Gottholm, Ralston and Benton, PLLC. In almost 20 years of practicing law, his experience includes roles as an assistant District Attorney and District Court Judge.
Martin practices primarily in the area of criminal defense. He has represented clients on charges ranging from speeding tickets to first degree murder. Having been a former Judge and Prosecutor has brought Martin a varied perspective and wealth of experience as a criminal defense Attorney. That experience is both recognized by his peers and appreciated by his clients. You will find no one more zealous and committed to advocating on behalf of his clients.
Martin is licensed to practice in all North Carolina State Courts, Federal Court Western District, and the United States Supreme Court.
Martin lives in Statesville, NC. When not practicing law, his second full-time job is serving as an Instructor Pilot in the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter in the NC Army National Guard (which included two tours in Iraq in 2005 and 2011) He is a licensed skydiver with over 500 jumps that include both military and high altitude freefall.
Areas of Practice
- DWI/ DUI
- DMV Hearings
- Drug Trafficking and Possession
- Department of Revenue Drug Tax Hearings
- Traffic violations
- Domestic Violence 50B Hearings
- Murder/ Manslaughter
- Sex Offenses
- Bond Reduction and Forfeiture Hearings
- Vehicle forfeiture Hearings
- Juvenile Delinquency Criminal Matters
- North Carolina, 1993
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1993
- Salem State University, Salem, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1989
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iredell County Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice